[erlang-questions] Opening Named Pipe for syslog analyser

Martin Scholl ms@REDACTED
Sun Feb 28 18:29:17 CET 2010

Hello Luc,

this questions pops up from time to time. Erlang's file driver doesn't
allow opening non-regular files like named pipes.

As a workaround, open_port/2 to open start a command "cat <named file>".
This is not equivalent to opening the file with erlang's file driver,
but should work for you.

Martin