[erlang-questions] how: Another library flatten function?

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Fri Feb 26 23:31:34 CET 2010

Here are two very similar versions based on the code in lists.erl.
They are both coded in a very straight forward style (I think) without
reverse or append, but I haven't measured them.

-module(ft).

-export([fl1/2, fl2/2]).

fl1([[C|_]=H|T], Tail) when is_integer(C) ->
    [H|fl1(T, Tail)];
fl1([H|T], Tail) when is_list(H) ->
    fl1(H, fl1(T, Tail));
fl1([H|T], Tail) ->
    [H|fl1(T, Tail)];
fl1([], Tail) -> Tail.

fl2([[C|_]=H|T], Tail) when not is_integer(C) ->
    fl2(H, fl2(T, Tail));
fl2([[]|T], Tail) -> fl2(T, Tail);
fl2([H|T], Tail) ->
    [H|fl2(T, Tail)];