[erlang-questions] debugging remote node

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Feb 26 23:16:37 CET 2010

Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@REDACTED> wrote:

vd> I can load and run code on a remote node and it executes just fine.
vd> The problem is that if I start the debugger and set a breakpoint,
vd> it's getting activated only if the remote node shares filesystem
vd> with the local machine. Looking at the debugger code, I see that the
vd> interpreter uses read_file to load the code to interpret, which
vd> would explain the behaviour.

Ah, sorry, I didn't realize the question was about the "debugger" OTP
application specifically ... I don't have anything specific or helpful
to add, alas.

-Scott