[erlang-questions] A sender() BIF?

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Thu Feb 25 06:33:45 CET 2010

In the message <3B2D56CF-C766-4453-A4FE-858C0CC425D8@REDACTED>
dated Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 02:54:14PM +1300,
Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> writes:
> I don't think it is appropriate to hack on the fundamental machinery
> used within a node or trusted cluster (plain Erlang message passing)
> to satisfy the needs of less trusting applications.  Not because
> there is anything wrong with security, but because once you are "in"
> with the Erlang distribution protocol, you are _totally_ in, and
> that's not how to get good security.

+1.

Layer 3 (IPsec or VPN) is a practical way.

inet_ssl_dist on Erlang/OTP looks too complex to me, and I wonder
whether it works on R13B04, though I once tested on an R12 release.

jungerl once tried to implement ssh_dist, but it's way too old and I
feel it's not worth rewriting so long as I skimmed the code. Correct me
if I'm wrong.

Kenji Rikitake