Programmatically starting a remote shell

Geoff Cant nem@REDACTED
Mon Feb 22 20:27:40 CET 2010

Hi all, I have something of an odd request - I want to start a remote
shell programmatically from an escript. The escript will calculate the
local and remote nodenames, setup distribution correctly and so on, but
then it needs to start a remote shell and wait until the remote shell
exits before the escript exits.

I've had a bit of a look through the otp source but the only reference
to remote shells I could find was deep in init.erl. Can someone give me
a recipe or even just pointers on where to look?

Cheers,
--
Geoff Cant