[erlang-questions] Re: Will parameterized modules become an official part of Erlang?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Feb 22 14:58:44 CET 2010

The -extend() function ought to fit perfectly for defining
mnesia activity callbacks. The mnesia_access behaviour has a
daunting number of functions. Most of the time, when I feel the
need for a mnesia_access callback, there are only a few functions
that I feel the need to extend (or at least, that's how one would
like to start out).

Interestingly, there is no module called mnesia_access. The default
callback module is mnesia. I assume this is a bit tricky to change
after so many years, but a first step could be to move all the
callback functions out of mnesia.erl and into mnesia_access.erl,
then keep mapping functions in mnesia.erl, to serve those who have
hard-coded mnesia as their activity callback.

This would allow people like me to write an activity callback that
extends mnesia_activity using the -extend() attribute.

BR,
Ulf W

--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com