[erlang-questions] Sequential I/O access for large files in Erlang

Hynek Vychodil hynek@REDACTED
Mon Feb 22 11:58:10 CET 2010

If you want really fast IO you can use approach shown there
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64q/program.php?test=regexdna&lang=hipe&id=6

But don't forgot add -noinput parameter to erl. I have mentioned it in
mine contribution, it worked for a while and #6 version was there in
top list with ~60s, but they broke it without any warning. I have long
message exchange with Isaac Gouy
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=312099
before they accept it. It worked but they changed it again. I have
found it just now but I'm fed up with this arrogant moron and I will
not waste mine time trying fix it again.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Kay Kay <kaykay.unique@REDACTED> wrote:
> For a particular use case of mine - I need to be dealing with some bulk text
> i/o  (medium sized multiple files of ~50 MB each ).
>
> While looking for some best solutions , came across this blog here at -
>  http://concise-software.blogspot.com/2008/09/blazing-fast-concurrent-text-io-in.html
> .
>
> I am using - 5.7.4 beam emulator (on ubuntu) at the moment. I am trying to
> get some opinions on some of the recommended options , w.r.t this, that the
> community would suggest. Thanks.

--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil

Analyze your data in minutes. Share your insights instantly. Thrill
your boss.  Be a data hero!
Try GoodData now for free: www.gooddata.com