[erlang-questions] -define

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Feb 18 12:01:29 CET 2010

----- "Robert Virding" <rvirding@REDACTED> wrote:

> There is a simple reason for this: sheer laziness by the original
> writer of the epp module, me. Now I suppose it is difficult to change
> because of backwards compatibility. The problem is compounded byt the
> feature that macro expansions don't have to be complete erlang
> expressions so sometimes you can't tell the macro definition is over
> until you hit the '.' .

Well, if you look at the source in epp.erl, it doesn't seem to
be that difficult to change:

macro_expansion([{')',_Lp},{dot,_Ld}]) -> [];
macro_expansion([{dot,_Ld}]) -> []; %Be nice, allow no right paren!
macro_expansion([T|Ts]) ->    [T|macro_expansion(Ts)].

It ought to be enough to delete the line with the "Be nice" comment,
or perhaps modify it to signal an error instead.

BR,
Ulf W