[erlang-questions] yet more ranting about Erlang docs

Angel Alvarez clist@REDACTED
Thu Feb 18 09:52:13 CET 2010

El Jueves, 18 de Febrero de 2010 08:23:23 Mats escribió:
> If we are going to change things for the better, we need to take a look at
> the MySQL documentation[1]. It has a excellent feedback system on every
> page. (user comments).
> This will make the documentation better really fast, compared to static
> html.
>
> /Mats
>
> [1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/select.html

Maybe we could pick a good collaborative tool and spread the work bettween many
people...

i think the current way (code -> XML -> docs?) is not so flexible for this approach...

A community edition for the docs would allow OTP people to keep maintaining the old
style docs and relaying on them while, a more open and fresh edition would grow up over
the time with collaborations from great erlang people and many comments, and addenda from
the plain users base.

Ive seen many people blogging about diferent aspects of erlang and some of them writing good
introductory materials for the language. Its just matter of organize the workforce in a more productive way..

/Angel

--
No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.