[erlang-questions] Ports and their owners

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Wed Feb 17 16:37:07 CET 2010

On 17 February 2010 16:22, Musumeci, Antonio S
<Antonio.Musumeci@REDACTED> wrote:
> From a language / VM perspective it should be quite simple to include the sender as part of the message. At this point it may not be possible to add without major breakage but it's very unfortunate that was not the initial design.

Hehehe, it *was* included in the original design but we removed it. We
felt that it was much more versatile to have the sender include the
"from" field. "From" can be any term which identifies the sender and
is it not always the pid or even needed. As I mentioned internal
security was not a problem.

Robert