upgrading from R12 to R13 in a heterogeneous fashion

Brian Acton acton@REDACTED
Wed Feb 17 05:08:50 CET 2010

Hi guys,

We are currently running an 8 node cluster running R12. We are wanting to
get all the bug fixes and performance improvements from R13 (not to mention
better support). We've been advised in the past that we shouldn't run a
heterogeneous cluster with a mix of R12 and R13 as it is potentially
unstable.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the matter and if it is OK for us
to run a heterogeneous environment (even if it is for a short duration (like
24 hours) ). I'm also wondering if there are any specific gotchas or caveats
that we should be aware of as we go down this path.

Thanks!

--b