[erlang-questions] Sequential I/O access for large files in Erlang

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Sun Feb 14 08:33:48 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Kay Kay <kaykay.unique@REDACTED> wrote:
> For a particular use case of mine - I need to be dealing with some bulk text
> i/o  (medium sized multiple files of ~50 MB each ).
>
> While looking for some best solutions , came across this blog here at -
>  http://concise-software.blogspot.com/2008/09/blazing-fast-concurrent-text-io-in.html
> .

Since that blog post was written, the file:read_line/1 function has been added.

See:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/file.html#read_line-1

file:read_line/1 (if used properly as described in the documentation)
will speed up reading of lines from text files.