EMACS for Erlang problems

Chris Hicks silent_vendetta@REDACTED
Sun Feb 14 04:17:32 CET 2010

I am running Windows 7 and am looking to get into programming in Erlang. I downloaded the latest release of both Erlang and EMACS, installed them both and verified that both started up correctly. I am using the _emacs file in the appropriate folder that looks like the following:
(setq load-path (cons  "C:/Program Files(x86)/erl5.7.4/lib/tools-2.6.5/emacs" load-path))(setq erlang-root-dir "C:/Program Files(x86)/erl5.7.4")(setq exec-path (cons "C:/Program Files(x86)/erl5.7.4/bin" exec-path))(require 'erlang-start)
Using that file generates an error message when starting up emacs that erlang-start can not be loaded. Any help would be great as I can't find an answer to this problem.