Erlang Idioms - A Pattern for an Erlang Programming Team

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sat Feb 13 10:50:51 CET 2010

Hi Kenji,

Yes indeed! The choice of character encoding is a matter that goes
beyond text manipulation.

The idiom I use works when you already know what character encoding
you are dealing with.

As for dealing with different character encodings, I have been
experimenting with the use of tuple records defined as:
-record(text, {bin, charset = utf8, lang = 'us-en'}).

Kind regards,
Steve