[erlang-questions] A style question

Anthony Shipman <>
Sat Feb 13 07:03:08 CET 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 02:02:34 am David Mercer wrote:
> > The indentation style I would use here just takes 4 columns, not 12.
> I would love to hear about different indentation styles, and specifically
> yours.  I find properly indenting Erlang to be the most difficult part of
> the language.
> Cheers,
> David

The way the emacs mode double indents case expressions is a nuisance. It leads
to code sprawling all across the page. When you combine that with the
arrangement, reading code becomes a drunkard's walk across the page. It makes
it harder to quickly scan the code looking for where this or that happens.

Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
                   grow up to be outsourced.