[erlang-questions] A style question

Richard O'Keefe <>
Fri Feb 12 05:51:46 CET 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Michael Richter wrote:

> Only thing I can think of is that if the same fun is used in more
> than one place in the function (or has potential to be) it's better
> to have the label.  Aside from that I've got nothing.

No, that doesn't apply.  In each case, the function name F is used
once and only once.

In that case, I think that instead of doing

    F = fun () -> ... end,

it would be better to do

     Transaction = mnesia_transaction(fun () ->

so that there's no possibility of calling F _without_ the
transaction safely wrapped around it.

The code is supposed to come from an expert, who clearly knows
amongst other things a whole lot more about MochiWeb than I do.
I just wondered what I wasn't seeing.