[erlang-questions] Teaching Erlang as part of a paper -- advice sought

Eric Newhuis enewhuis@REDACTED
Mon Feb 8 05:25:48 CET 2010

Mnesia is very good to mention.  I'll bet there may also be some interest among students for map/reduce style databases.

What might be fun for students is to actually build one--a distributed map/reduce.  That'd teach some aspect of the database concept, the Erlang grammar, and get them thinking in distributed terms all in one fell swoop maybe.