[erlang-questions] Extrange output of Âs and varing times on erlang console when testing array_vs_tuples

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Feb 7 22:38:04 CET 2010

To be honest, I don't remember which way I was doing the test.  I was
looking for the relative time and was not as focused on absolute time.
However, it does seem like the best way to do this test is with:

erl -noshell -run arr test -run init stop

I am not sure about the overhead shell processing adds, but it should be
the closest (when ran without the shell) to a production system's usage
of data structures (ignoring unique memory configuration and any other
obscure parameters).