[erlang-questions] unsplit - resolving mnesia inconsistencies

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Feb 5 15:59:04 CET 2010

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 10:39:02PM +0100, Ulf Wiger wrote:
>> Andrew Thompson wrote:
>>> This is great. We've been doing this manually in not nearly so nice a
>>> fashion. How will this work with mnesia clusters of more than 2, like
>>> lets say a 3 node cluster where one node gets split off by a netsplit
>>> for a while - how do you avoid both of the other nodes trying to
>>> reconcile the split?

I have now added a check to determine all nodes in each
"island" of the split, and include all tables that have
at least one copy in each island. I have not tested on
clusters of more than two nodes.

I also modified the mnesia patch slightly to have the schema
merge function determine where to lock; the caller only
specifies which tables to lock.

Perhaps we could move further discussion to the issue tracker
in the github project?

http://github.com/uwiger/unsplit/issues

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com