About Common test run_test script

Yogish Baliga yogishb@REDACTED
Fri Feb 5 01:00:49 CET 2010

run_test script generated via http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/common_test/install_chapter.html#general is having a conflicting command line parameter with Erlang shell parameter.

-config is being used as a configuration parameter for  test specification configuration. This parameter name is conflicting with -config parameter of erlang shell. By using run_test script, it is not possible to configure  the application. For example, disabling error_logger [ -kernel error_logger silent ]. For one or 2 parameters, this seems to be a OK solution to set the application environment on the run_test command line.

The application I am testing is having many application environments. Can this be fixed in the next release by  changing the run_test parameter to something like -ct_config?

NOTE: For the time being, I have changed the run_test script in my working environment.

Thanx,
-- baliga

"Point of view is worth 80 IQ points" --Alan Kay

http://dudefrommangalore.blogspot.com/