Why Distributed Is So Hard

Jayson Vantuyl <>
Mon Aug 30 12:01:18 CEST 2010

Hey everybody,

While it's not Erlang-specific, I know a lot of people here care a lot about distributed programming.  I had a really good question from someone the other day and it spawned a blog post that might interest you.  In particular, most distributed programming in Erlang is usually based on the assumption of a highly-available network layer (Mnesia, I'm looking at you).  This post talks about why that isn't good enough for distributed, in general, and gives a way to think about the problem specifically.

Jayson Vantuyl
417-207-6962 (mobile)