[erlang-questions] How to stop a detached OTP app?

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Wed Aug 25 04:37:51 CEST 2010

Mazen Harake <mazen.harake@REDACTED> wrote:

mh> I would also recommend adding the -hidden flag for the temporary
mh> node in case the node you are connecting to is part of a cluster
mh> otherwise funny things could happen.

I second this recommendation.  If your app uses 'global', then a very
short-lived administrative task/control script like this can cause the
global service's replication protocol to generate error messages that
are harmless but look scary(*).  Ditto for other applications that
subscribe to the net_kernel's event notifications to react when remote
nodes connect & disconnect.

-Scott

(*) And cause customers to open trouble tickets.