io_lib and unicode post processing?

Musumeci, Antonio S <>
Mon Aug 23 19:37:45 CEST 2010

I've got a webmachine/mochiweb setup and it seems much slower/higher CPU than I expected. I'm creating JSON for 10k records using jsonerl and sending on to webmachine. After the serializing of the data the CPU is still pegged and I see in etop io_lib and unicode being called. Does anyone know why those would be called? It takes several seconds.

NOTICE: If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.