Eunit error messages

Rick Moynihan rick@REDACTED
Wed Aug 18 14:06:53 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've been using EUnit to do some unit testing; and it seems to work quite well.

However, I'm having a couple of problems, mostly down to the
legibility of error reports.  In unit testing frameworks I've used in
the past the assertion functions all took a string to provide a human
readable description of what the error was, am I right in thinking
EUnit doesn't support this?  If so, what's the best way to replicate
this behaviour, I've been manually adding debugMsg's but that's a bit
messy as I also need to throw an exception to indicate failure.

Any tips gratefully received,

R.