very large distributed implementation?

Miles Fidelman <>
Mon Aug 16 23:15:51 CEST 2010

Our of somewhat less than academic curiousity, are there any good
examples of very large distributed systems written in Erlang -
specifically systems consisting of 100s to 1000s of computing nodes?

I'm looking at several applications along the lines of  and
distributed.net, that take the background cycles, from very large
numbers of machines, and turn them into a gridded processing environent.

It strikes me that Erlang should make a very nice platform for such an
environment.  I wonder if anyone has actually done anything on this scale.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman