Stopping of Erlang app hangs when mnesia stopped from within the program

Ken Robinson kenrobinsonster@REDACTED
Fri Aug 13 16:02:49 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've run into a problem where I cannot stop mnesia within my program
without causing the app to hang.

I'm presently doing prototyping of mnesia within my erlang app.

In my jaus_app.erl file the start() calls:

{atomic, ok} = mnesia:load_textfile("priv/mnesia_prototype.txt")

My stop() function calls:

mnesia:dump_to_textfile("priv/mnesia_prototype_res.txt"),
mnesia:stop(),

When I comment out these lines and start and stop mnesia from the
erlang prompt, I am able to stop my application cleanly.

Should I not use these prototype functions within a fully fledged erlang app?

Ken.