[erlang-questions] OOP in Erlang

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Thu Aug 12 09:46:26 CEST 2010

Hynek Vychodil wrote: "Smalltalk contains inheritance but Alan Kay doesn't
state that inheritance is key feature of OOP. Especially in these days he
is telling something different."

Not just recently but originally.

http://forum.trapexit.org/viewtopic.php?p=51130&sid=bf412b1a24a7b9e777beeb2035d5f7a0

<http://forum.trapexit.org/viewtopic.php?p=51130&sid=bf412b1a24a7b9e777beeb2035d5f7a0>IIRC,
the  affirmative response immediately following was from Joe Armstrong, not
from "Guest".  Ah, yes, I *do* RC:

http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/msg/546621f6b27970bb?hl=en

<http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/msg/546621f6b27970bb?hl=en>Possibly
off-topic: can someone please tell me why TrapExit mirrors this list in a
"forum" that's not even really a forum?  Multi-threaded, searchable mailing
list archives of the usual kind would not only be easier to use, but
actually an honest representation of the origin of the discussion.  I
suppose the counter-argument will be that "a mailing list is a subclass of
forum", but if so why did the typecast of one to another reduce Joe
Armstrong to a mere guest?

-michael turner