[erlang-questions] tail recursion question

Valentin Micic v@REDACTED
Wed Apr 28 00:22:14 CEST 2010

loop2 - yes, it is tail-recursive.
loop3 - following an approach that compiler should not second-guess a
programmer, I'd say *no*, this is not a tail-recursive function. This should
be relatively simple to test -- run the code by calling loop3/1, and see if
the memory increases over time. If it does (eventually dumping the core),
the loop3/1 is definitely *not* tail recursive :-)

V/