[erlang-questions] supervisor process not responding to messages ('EXIT', which_children, etc)

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Tue Apr 27 21:05:15 CEST 2010

Garret Smith <garret.smith@REDACTED> wrote:

gs> For comparison, I got the same info from a "non-hung" supervisor.
gs> The biggest difference, besides the empty message queue, was that
gs> current_function was {gen_server, loop, 6} instead of
gs> {proc_lib,sync_wait,2}.  I found the same on another stalled
gs> supervisor.

Perhaps erlang:process_info(Pid, backtrace) or
erlang:process_display(Pid, backtrace) would help figure out where the
supervisor is hung.  My guess is that it's dealing with a previous
failure and/or restart.

-Scott