[erlang-questions] performance vs msg queue length

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Apr 21 04:07:10 CEST 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 3:00 AM, David Mercer wrote:
> Unfortunately, my spot-check of about 30 selective receives within
> the OTP
> library indicates that a receive after an erlang:monitor is the
> exception
> rather than the rule.  I may have just been unlucky, and I'm sure
> ROK could
> put his code-scanner to work to tell us exactly how often it occurs.

ROK is too busy trying to annotate two masters' theses, catch up on
several days of e-mail, watch anxiously over a week-long computation,
and cope with a maddeningly slow network to do this.

Pity.