[erlang-questions] performance vs msg queue length

John Erickson jderick@REDACTED
Tue Apr 20 20:41:47 CEST 2010

Good to know about mnesia and gen_server doing selective receives, but I am
not using either.  BTW, I found some other evidence of this slowdown from an
earlier posting.  Although the main post was about interpreter speed, I
found these benchmark numbers quite strange for the compiled version as
well.  With message queues of 10k, it looks like about 3x slowdown.

[begin [ self() ! a || _ <- lists:seq(1,N) ],