[erlang-questions] Parameterized module idioms

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Tue Apr 20 17:15:30 CEST 2010

This boggles me:

If you create a new "instance" of a module with a parameter, then you
need to have that "instance variable" around to call it right? So you
need to keep it somewhere... as a state.

So in any case you need to keep a state, in other words you haven't
achieved anything (except perhaps making your code more obfuscated).

So _why_ is it ["of course"] "easier to use module parameters instead of
passing closures or state around"?

I must be missing some important detail somewhere...

/Mazen