[erlang-questions] A discussion in application design and event propagation

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Mon Apr 19 11:41:34 CEST 2010

I try to think of even_handlers as something you dynamically hook in to
and which is a design choice by the hook-ie (so to speak :), I didn't
want to end that word with -er), not part of a static design. E.g. if
you have a black jack table then the processes that are created (read:
the players that have joined the table) will always receive events to
the table and they will never ignore the events of the table (read:
unregister/re-register) then there is no point in the dynamic nature of
event_managers/handlers (and thus the overhead, complexity etc).

Using this reasoning I would vote for "The second way".

But as you said they are essentially the same thing and either way I
reckon that the data transform and manipulation would be done at the
Table level either way (before it is sent to the clients).

My 2 cents :)

/Mazen

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com