floating point syntax

Michael Turner leap@REDACTED
Fri Apr 16 18:26:04 CEST 2010

I guess this has something to do with the fact that a period is also a
terminator in Erlang syntax.  If you allowed "1." as a legal float,
for example, you're permitting this:

  fp1() -> 1..

And with

  f() -> 1.e5;

you need a bit more token lookahead (since "e5" could be seen as the
start of a new function).  My guess, as I say.

-michael turner