windows network scalability?

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Thu Apr 15 17:21:50 CEST 2010

I am designing a Windows network application and am having a hard time
getting a sense of erlang network performance on Windows.  My app will
establish up to 1000 outgoing SSH connections carrying low volume
interactive traffic.  It is a GUI desktop app so when launched, it should
establish all the connections as quickly as possible.  My questions are:

- Does Erlang on Windows use select()?  I see dire warning about how this is
not scalable, but is it "good enough" for 1000 sockets on a modern PC?

- Does Erlang (or Windows) serialize DNS requests? (I was burned on this
years ago with python/cygwin)

- Any other performance hazards I should worry about?

Thanks,
Dan.