[erlang-questions] mmap file to binary

Sverker Eriksson sverker@REDACTED
Fri Apr 9 18:40:56 CEST 2010

Tony Rogvall wrote:
>>> Still the orig_bytes must be change. There are not to many places in the VM that uses the fact
>>> that orig_bytes is not a pointer, so the change should not be hard (if it's not done already ;-)
>>>

>> I haven't understood: is the problem with orig_bytes now?
>>

> Well...  OTP team? ;-)

No, orig_bytes is still an array, but I don't think you need to change
that. You could instead use the pointer 'bytes' in ProcBin to point to
your mmap'ed data.

typedef struct proc_bin {
    Eterm thing_word;        /* Subtag REFC_BINARY_SUBTAG. */
    Uint size;            /* Binary size in bytes. */
    struct proc_bin *next;    /* Pointer to next ProcBin. */
    Binary *val;        /* Pointer to Binary structure. */
    byte *bytes;        /* Pointer to the actual data bytes. */
    Uint flags;            /* Flag word. */
} ProcBin;

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP