[erlang-questions] Avoiding case nesting

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Sep 30 06:18:59 CEST 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 2:14 AM, David Mercer wrote:

> Richard O'Keefe wrote:
>
>> This suggests one way to proceed: just write this text
>> out to a file (with a suitable module header), compile
>> it, load it, and use it.  Thanks to hot loading, you can
>> repeat the process whenever you want to change the sequence
>> of strings.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but can you not create "virtual" modules
> without
> actually writing the module file.

My message was not intended to be exhaustive.
The approach of writing an Erlang source file is not confined to
Erlang: a software component in some other language could provide
the strings to Erlang in _this_ form rather than some other form.