documentation of incremental backups in mnesia

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Sep 25 09:17:20 CEST 2009

 From the old telecom days, I recall that Mnesia supports
incremental backups (has been for years, and proven in
battle too). I was mildly surprised that it didn't seem
well known until I began searching for a reference in the
documentation.

It is documented, sort of, but only in passing. You have to
read pretty carefully to catch it at all, and you probably
need to experiment a bit before understanding how it works.

I think it's a great feature that deserves a sub-chapter of
its own in the User Guide, and some more detail in the
reference guide as well.

BR,
Ulf W
--