[erlang-questions] how to document experimental status (Re: [erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R13B02-1 has been released)

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Thu Sep 24 15:04:53 CEST 2009

2009/9/24, Ulf Wiger <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>:
[...]
> Reltool is experimental. While the version number does give
> that away,

I don't know - I've used to use mplayer for years before it got to
version 1.0, so maybe version numbers are not that meaningful
nowadays...

> and it says so in the release notes,

In my experience that's a piece of documentation that is never read.

> shouldn't
> this also be written in highlight, in both the user guide
> and the reference manual?

Those look to better places. However, I have an other question - is it
really wise to bundle "enterprise-grade" software together with
experimental in the very same .tar archive? People might think that
the whole stuff is rock solid, not just parts with X.Y version number
where X>=1...