[erlang-questions] {error,timeout} with gethostbyname

info info@REDACTED
Wed Sep 23 18:48:32 CEST 2009

No, the microsoft firewall is disabled.
I am using another one.
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM, info <info@REDACTED> wrote:

Hi all,
On a windows 2003 server sbs this command returns {ok,"my_host"} :

{ok,N}=inet:gethostname().

But the following command returns {error,timeout} :

inet:gethostbyname(N).

On a Vista machine, the previous command returns a correct answer.

I know that it is not an erlang problem but if you could give me support, I will appreciate ;-)

Is there a Microsoft Firewall Client installed on that server? Just asking, because I've had an issue with gethostbyname() hanging if the Firewall Client for ISA was installed on Server 2003.

Robby