[erlang-questions] using the target_system module

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Sep 23 11:28:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:46 PM, mark peleus <mark.peleus@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'll have a deeper look at Sinan but I actually like the way target_system
> work.
> With a single call it generates everything needed to make my erlang
> application portable.
> That's why I wanted to try and improve target_system.

I always just interpreted the target_system code to be an example of how to
automate building a release. It's a starting point, from which you can jump
off and make something that fits your needs.

It's definitely geared towards creating a full system, ready for
installation.

Systems like CEAN (or Rocks or CPAN or JSAN, etc.) appear to me to be more
suited for pulling in the libs you need while developing, rather than for
distributing and installing a system at a customer site. But maybe I've not
spent enough time learning these kinds of technologies.

Robby