[erlang-questions] packaging erlang application for ubuntu

Christophe Romain christophe.romain@REDACTED
Mon Sep 21 17:24:21 CEST 2009

>Can I use it to package an erlang application that will be portable?
that all depends what you call portable.
using 'repos' distribution you get a minimal erlang you can copy on usb
key that works on linux, mac and windows.
if you need your package to be copied on linux cluster with, let say
amd64, i386, and powerpc; then you can concate the cean base for those 3
systems and it will work everywhere
can handle only one tarball/package that run on all systems you need.
by now, 19 platforms are supported.

>Is there a folder I can copy that is self consistent?
yes, just download the cean base archive(s) you need
you can even move the installer directory without breaking things.

>Will it run on other ubuntu release? (Intrepid, Jautnty...)
yes, it should
at least it runs on debian sarge, etch, lenny.

>Do I have to release the source code of the application?
CEAN is standard erlang, with some minor patchs to allow portability as
we stand in the 'repos' distribution. licence is EPL.

if you need custom packaging, contact me privately.