[erlang-questions] packaging erlang application for ubuntu

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Sep 21 12:38:42 CEST 2009

This is not an answer to your question, but just a thought.

One problem with the OTP way of building boot scripts is
that it gets tied to a specific version of Erlang (the
erts version, the application versions, etc.).

How about if one could specify a chain of boot scripts on
the command line?

erl -boot start_sasl -boot my_app

The main complication I can see is the presence of the erlanrc
instruction at the end of the 'basic' boot script. One could
make sure that that can be delayed until all the boot scripts have
been executed (e.g. having it in all, but ignoring it in all but
the last script).

A fun prototype. I sadly don't have the time...

BR,
Ulf W

--
Ulf Wiger