[erlang-questions] Start A process of another node

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Tue Oct 27 09:46:20 CET 2009

I think the problem is the io:fwrite call.

I believe that IO goes through a process's "group leader", which is a
sort of master process that handles things for groups of processes.

Since the group leader is no longer around (after sub exits), I bet
that the process exits with an error. Since errors are logged through
the group leader, you probably don't see an error either.

To fix this, after the process registers, change the group leader for
your new process to the init process on the new node.

To do so, change your start function like this:

> start()->
> register(sample,self()),
> group_leader( whereis(init), self() ),
> recv().