[erlang-questions] Start A process of another node

maruthavanan s maruthavanan_s@REDACTED
Tue Oct 27 08:58:05 CET 2009

Thanks for your support, I would like to elaborate what I am doing

I am using "Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.1 " with fedora core linux 9

I start one node of erlang as

 erl -sname main
(main@REDACTED)1>

now I start
 erl -sname sub
(sub@REDACTED)1>

now I spawn from sub
spawn('mainnode@REDACTED',sample,start,[]).

when I do erlang:registered() at main@REDACTED
I can see the sample module registered at main node

when I try quit sub@REDACTED
I can still see sample module registered at main node, but when I try to send message
using

erlang:send({'main@REDACTED',sample},{"Message for Test"})

now the the registered module of sample vanishes at main node.

Please help me.

Below is the sample erlang code
-module(sample).
-compile(export_all).