[erlang-questions] otp genserver and port program

Vinubalaji Gopal vinubalaji@REDACTED
Fri Oct 23 20:43:47 CEST 2009

Hi Geoff,

> I'm guessing you're receiving a message somewhere in your code that you
> expect to come from the port or the driver. I'm also guessing that
> your receive statement has a pattern that will match any message
> (certainly enough to match {'$gen_call', _, _}).

Great that was the problem - I had a
handle_call.....
->
port_command(....)
Receive
  Data ->
%do a match on the data here

in the handle_call and this was what was matching the
{'$gen_server',... . I had no idea that the gen_server messages will
be matched by this receive. Thanks a lot for clarifying that.

--
Vinu