[erlang-questions] Re: Chain two spawned processes

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Sun Oct 18 19:50:50 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Rapsey <rapsey@REDACTED> wrote:
> Erlang ports are designed to work with stdout/stdin for programs. I know
> ffmpeg works just fine with stdout/stdin, don't know about x264 though. You
> open a port to ffmpeg and x264 read from one, send to other.

Yes, it seems to be impossible to work without passing data through Erlang.
In fact I need to take piped output of first ffmpeg and pass it as
input to x264.
But there is no such code in driver =(

Maybe better just to spawn /bin/sh and look after its status?