[erlang-questions] is inet:gethostbyname( IP ) correct?

info info@REDACTED
Thu Oct 15 15:02:40 CEST 2009

Dear Raimo,
I can resume: I discovered that gethostbyname call inet_gethost.c
I don't understand inet_gethost.c :-(
Where "goes" this problem for finding the information ?
If we know where and what, we could perhaps find what is missing in my windows 2003 ...
Hope to read you soon !
John

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 03:34:12PM +0200, info wrote:
> For me this function always returns {error,timeout} and I didn't find the reason even with the help of Raimo Niskanen !

Sorry about that, but your problem became a just too spooky
Windows 2003 problem and that is not really my turf, and
you seemed to have a possible workaround through inet_res.
But it has been on my todo list to have a second look
at the whole conversation when I could find the time...