[erlang-questions] A less trusting Erlang.

Calum caluml@REDACTED
Wed Oct 14 21:11:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Yogish Baliga <yogishb@REDACTED> wrote:
> We are using Erlang across data center boundary. We are using proto_dist as
> inet_ssl for communication between erlang nodes.  Also using min and max
> port setup provided by inet to limit the communication on a specific set of
> ports.
> On each physical box, we have setup iptable based firewall.
> -- baliga

Well, that would certainly make traversing unsecured networks fine -
but what about asking people to share computing resources who don't
necessarily trust each other with being able to run shell commands on
each other's machines?

I'm a little confused about the whole Pid conversation earlier though
- surely if you're only able to spawn a single function on my box that
I've defined, then Pids don't really come into it?