[erlang-questions] linking modules from other directories

Tamas Nagy tamas.nagy@REDACTED
Mon Oct 12 13:47:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

The package application is unsupported in Erlang.

That being said calls to other modules do not create compile time
dependency so I would assume if all the modules are available in
runtime system util:foo(..) will be fine.
I would recommend reading up on what erlang deployment's usual layout
is as the tools/system are implemented with that layout in mind.(http://www.erlang.org/doc/system_principles/part_frame.html
)
This does not mean that you cannot create your own layout but it will
be harder to make it work.

Erlang has a code path which can be modified with code:add_patha/1,
code:add_pathz/1 etc. or with the -pa, -pz switches given to the erl
command etc. (http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/code.html)

Regards,
	Tamas

Tamas Nagy